We accept Medicare Care Plans from GP’s to assist you in the treatment and management of many chronic illnesses and injuries.
DVA White and Gold card holders also require a referral from a GP, which must be obtained before the commencement of exercise physiology sessions. White card holders must have a condition clearly specified on their referral for which the AEP is to treat.
You may be eligible for up to 5 sessions each calendar year with a Medicare rebate if you have been suffering from a chronic or complex medical condition that has been present (or is likely to be) for 6 months or longer. Your GP will need to prepare a Care Plan for you, which then needs to be sent/faxed to us.
Examples of chronic diseases include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety & depression
- Chronic fatigue
InsideOut Exercise Physiology runs an 8 week program for those with Type II Diabetes, which also includes an initial assessment. Patients who are pre-diabetic will also greatly benefit, however will not be eligible for Medicare rebates. Our Diabetes Program runs throughout the year and includes:
- Education surrounding Diabetes and it’s management
- Weekly exercise participation and home exercise programs
- Resource booklet, including both dietary and exercise advice
- A Supermarket tour with a Dietitian
- Support and motivation to stay on track with healthy behaviour changes
To be eligible for Medicare rebates, your GP will need to confirm your eligibility and fax through the appropriate referral form.